A wise woman once said, “Well behaved women seldom make history.” On March 6, First Fridays is honoring that spirit with our special Women’s History Month event. Help us celebrate those special ladies who have helped shape our lives through music, art, and culture.
- Oh Very Young hosts the Kidz Craft Zone with a special Women’s History Month art project!
- Esquire Barber Shop will host a special Women’s History Month photo exhibit by rock photographer, and Record Truck owner, Krk Dominguez.
- Join TALB for music and poetry. Also, the Long Beach Free store will be taking donations!
- Chef Tech Cooking School holds a special French cooking class honoring one of our favorite woman cooks, Julia Child! Classes start at 6:30pm and are only $55. Spots are limited so sign up today!
- What happened to the Pacific Coast Club? Join former Council Member, Evan Anderson Braude and developer, Robert Bellevue, at the Historical Society from 6p-7p to find out. Following the discussion will be a performance by Alyssandra Nighswonger and Joshua Bassett.
- The poets are back by popular demand at Elise’s Tea Room!
- Melinda McCoy is bringing back the always popular, Sultan’s Car Club with musical guests, Rock for Vets!
- Cog n’ Crank hosts DJ Eusebio Akasa and Dust Digg, who will be spinning an all lady set!
- Salon Medusa will be celebrating their namesake with 20% OFF Rare Bloom make-up during First Fridays!
- The North Gallery of Expo will feature beats by Toaster Music joined by Dave Williams on trumpet, dance by Maha & Company, and art by Chris Wheeler. The South Gallery will feature work by projection artist, Bill Almas.
- The main room of Expo Arts Center will feature a Women in History photo exhibit as well as a Women in Rock photo exhibit, not to mention our First Fridays artist collaborative! The north room will feature a Kids Workshop sponsored by Home Depot!
- Stop into Jammin Music for their monthly student showcase. Around 8:30 the jam session starts complete with The Conundrum, a handmade sound sculpture you have to see to believe.
- Sign up for First Fridays Photo Classes at Tuttle Camera from 6p-7p for only $15. This month’s focus is the Art of Aperture.
- AveryBoo Arts celebrates 6 years in Bixby Knolls with a very special student art show from 6:30p-8p.
- MOVE has prepared a very special Women in Rock musical presentation with some amazing guest singers!
- First Fridays favorites are back such as Hedgehog Swing at Aura Thai, The Funny Valentines at The Breakfast Club, Laura Wiley Trio at Wilmore Wine Bar and Hot Club at Georgie’s Place.
- Women’s History Month’s special musical guests include Shy but Flyy and Robi Duganne at About U, Alyssandra Nighswonger at Historical Society of Long Beach, Taylor Crawford at DRNK, Bearcoon at Coffee Bean, Lovely Outlaws at Platform 2, and Twisted Angels and the South Coast Chorale at Nino’s.
- The Homeland Cultural Center will be pop locking with the help of Dubs One spinning all the best hip-hop and R&B on 3939 Platform #1.
When the businesses start to close, “First Fridays After Hours” begins. Nino’s Italian Restaurant, The Factory, Willmore, Atun, and EJ Malloy’s go late into the night with food, drinks, and music. Why go home early? Stay out late and continue the energy Dine on Art-Lantic Avenue at one of our tasty restaurants then grab the trolley that will transport you venue to venue from designated stops at the participating businesses.