First Fridays and Long Beach Fresh presents the “4th Annual Long Beach County Fair“.
The Long Beach County Fair is a free showcase for local food producers and organizations from all over Long Beach and the region. Enjoy educational displays and demonstrations while you interact with the passionate people behind the good food movement in Long Beach including its “Seeders,” “Feeders” and “Eaters.” There will also be plenty of local art, music, games, fair food, and even animals along Atlantic Avenue!
- The Expo Art Center is ground zero for fun fair activities. The north room will host local green organizations while outside of Expo some of our favorite feeders will be in the mix. Larry’s Ponys will also be on site with their petting zoo!
- The Expo Arts Center main room will host a group show of over 30 artists from Squeeze Collective, FA4 Collective, CSULB art department, and much more.
- The north gallery of Expo will feature the art of Michael Bermudez and live music by Toaster Music and dance by Maha & Co. The south gallery will host a group show featuring the art of BL Singleton, Jan Edward Vogels, and Sarah Albisser.
- Pop by The Bixby Trading Post and Sister LB to welcome them to the neighborhood on Bixby and Atlantic! You can pick up everything from locally grown produce to vintage clothing! Beats will be provided by local favorite, Dennis Owens!
- Unplugged in the Bus is on its 5th trip during this First Fridays! Enjoy poetry, music, and story telling on your way to the festivities from the Michelle Obama Library! Festivities starts at 5pm!
- Stop by Rick Wickeds and check out record art by House of Hooligans – HOH. JusTodd will be playing all your favorite funk, throw back jams, boogie, and some hootenanny house music.
- The Better Half Boutique will have fresh popcorn for sale, “Cow tail” chocolate bars with a coupons attached, and a pie eating contest at 7:30pm!
- Get your cheese fix during the LB County Fair at Cheese Addiction! They’ll be tabling in front of their soon to be open shop at 4238 Atlantic Avenue!
- Be on the look out for the Easter Bunny at Mommy 4D!
- Stop by the Pocket Park next to Georgie’s Place to get your balloon animals from the Bixby Clown during the LB County Fair!
- Join First Books at Pixie Toys during First Fridays! Story time starts at 6pm!
- Learn to dance with trained salsa dancers at Elise’s Tea Room for their monthly First Fridays dance party.
- Drop into the Allery for its 8th art installation. This round features Long Beach local artist Jay Blaine who’s hieroglyph work can be found in many forms all over the city. Also in the allery, DJ Bill will turn all the funk hits.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth with a fried Twinkie sundae and Pink Cotton Candy Champagne Cocktail at EJ Malloy’s.
- Twig & Willow will host a Long Beach Creamery, a photo booth, face painting, and a local greeting card pop-up shop by Paper Wilderness.
- Free Spirit Yoga will feature the art of Lily Rose and beats will be provided by Eusebio Akasa.
- Stop by The Historical Society of Long Beach to see their newest exhibit during First Fridays honoring the 75th anniversary of Pearl Harbor. Using photos, newspapers, items from its collection and others collected from the community, it will commemorate this important anniversary of the event that torpedoed the United States into the Second World War. Music will be provided by Taylor Crawford.
- Secrets Of the Island will be giving free 10 minute chair massages with the help of their mascot, Mascot Punchie The Pineapple!
- TALB will host a night of community with Quest Dance Studio competition hip-hop dance teams, Long Beach Free Store, arts & crafts for kids, and free popcorn.
- Recreational Fitness will host fun carnival games for fun prizes and healthy treats!
- Drop the kids off at Digital Revolution for their First Fridays Farm Minecraft work shop for only $25! Spaces are limited.
- Get a hair trim for a good cause at Salon Medusa. 100% of the proceeds will go to The Surfrider Foundation!
- FREE parking at the Bixby Business Center on the corner of Atlantic and San Antonio.
- Special guest entertainment for the month: The Ponderosa Aces at The Rivera Group, Billy Rose at Trader Joes, Toaster Music in Expo Arts Center, Windy Ridge at DRNK, DJ Dennis Owens at Sister LB, The Darden Band at Aura Thai/Bella Pizza, Taylor Crawford at Historical Society of Long Beach, and Eusebio Akasa at Free Spirit Yoga.
- First Fridays favorites are back such as MOVE does Bob Dylan at Ground Control, DJ Bill at The Allery, Hedgehog Swing at Coffee Bean, and Hot Club at Georgie’s Place.
- The Homeland Cultural Center will be pop locking with the help of DJ Phil spinning all the best hip-hop and R&B and the First Fridays spray crew providing the art on 3939 North.
- Get your vinyl fix with the Record Truck!
When the businesses start to close, “First Fridays After Hours” begins. Weiland Brewery, Lola’s, Willmore, Dutch’s Brewhouse, Lola’s and EJ Malloy’s go late into the night with food, drinks, and music. Why go home early? Stay out late and continue the energy Dine on Art-Lantic Avenue at one of our tasty restaurants then grab the trolley that will transport you venue to venue from designated stops at the participating businesses.